The 18th JRO (Ophthalmological Reflections Days) took place in Paris from 22 to 24 February 2018.
Laboratoires Théa, one of the major partners of this event, organised their traditional France/Maghreb educational symposium under the chairmanship of Dr Sihem Lazreg (Algiers) and Dr Pierre-Yves Santiago (Nantes) for the seventh consecutive year. 400 ophthalmologists from France and Maghreb gathered around the original theme, "The surgical retina".
This France/Maghreb international meeting was based on interventions concerning:
- The news in surgery of the macula in 2018
- Management of complicated diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal detachment in children
- Perfluorocarbon liquid versus retinotomy in retinal detachment surgery
- Controversy: retinal detachment: vitrectomy or indentation
- Corneal risks of retinal surgery
These interventions were all led by French and Maghrebian ophthalmologists who enjoyed sharing their experiences with their peers.
It is an honour for Théa to have provided institutional support for this symposium for the 7th consecutive year.