- In case of ocular allergy, it is crucial to identify the cause of the allergic reaction in order to limit contact with the causal agent.
- It is preferable to be assisted by your general practitioner or an ophthalmologist, so he can prescribe the adequate treatment. Allergy tests and check-ups with an allergist can be necessary. Under some circumstances, he will be able to suggest desensitization treatments which will slowly lower the symptoms.
To relieve yourself in case of ocular allergic reaction it is advisable to:
- Clean your eyes with compress, moistened with warm water or our BLEPHAGEL® cleaning gel (cosmetic product).
- Clean your eyelids with ophthalmic wipes adapted to eyelids cleaning like BLEPHACLEAN® (medical advice).
- Several medical devices, offered by Les Laboratoires Théa, can relieve and resolve allergic symptoms. Some histaminic eyedrops or mast cell degranulation products.
- In case of conjunctivitis or other eye diseases like keratoconjunctivitis, a local treatment must be added to the daily hygiene with preservative-free eye drops.
- In order to face indoor allergens, you should prefer anti-dust and mites bedding. Avoid carpets, rugs, wool blankets. Clean regularly. Open the doors and windows everyday for 15 minutes to ventilate the rooms. Dehumidify the house.